Enquire for Free, No Obligation

0800 0747 644

Pedestrian Injury Lawyers: Pedestrian Accident & Injury Claim Solicitors

If you have suffered injuries as a pedestrian involved in a road traffic accident, you may be eligible to claim financial compensation for your injuries. According to accident statistics, in 2007 there were a total of 247,780 pedestrian casualties as a result of road traffic accidents - the severity of the injuries ranged from bumps and bruises to fatalities.

If your accident was caused by the negligence of a driver, contact the specialist lawyers at Grieves Solicitors in Huddersfield to find out if you can make a claim for financial compensation. Call 0800 0747 644 or complete our contact form and we will get back to you.

Can I Make a Claim?

If another person's negligent behaviour or driving was responsible for the accident that caused your injury or injuries, it is highly likely that you will be able to claim financial compensation.

Perhaps you were injured whilst on a pedestrian crossing, on the pavement or whilst crossing the road? Whatever the circumstances of your pedestrian accident, the experienced road traffic accident lawyers at Grieves Solicitors can provide legal advice and guidance, helping you decide whether or not to pursue a claim.

Common Pedestrian Accidents

We regularly help pedestrians injured by negligent road users; common pedestrian accidents include:

  • Knocked down by a car or other motor vehicle whilst on a pedestrian crossing
  • Knocked down or struck by a cyclist
  • Injured when a car or other motor vehicle mounts the kerb

Remember that as a pedestrian you have right of way in all situations. Therefore, if you have been injured by a car, truck or other vehicle, you may be able to make a compensation claim.

Staying Safe on the Road

Road traffic accidents can have a devastating impact on the injured party, their family and the community they live in, and these type of incidents are seemingly more upsetting when a child is involved. For this reason, parents and guardians must do everything in their power to ensure that children stay safe when on the road.

It is important that parents educate their children on the dangers of the road, including how to cross safely, understanding that cars are weapons and the importance of not allowing yourself to be distracted when around roads.

As a leading firm of RTA Solicitors in Yorkshire, we team up with national Road Safety Charity  Brake to compile research on what can be done to make the Roads around Huddersfield safer for everyone. We produce this factsheet with Brake to provide some recommendations on staying safe on the road: Stay Safe on the Road Factsheet

Are children safe on Huddersfield's Roads?

Following our work with Brake, We felt it clear that a worrying number of children do not feel safe while out walking in their local community, according to a survey from road safety charity Brake.

A survey of 500 primary school children in Yorkshire and Humber conducted in 2014 has found that 65% believe that roads in their community are too dangerous for walking and cycling on. Furthermore, 35% of children aged between five and 11 report that they have been hit or nearly hit by a vehicle while on foot or bicycle.

Helen Grieves, founder of Grievs Solicitors says: Road traffic accidents, in general, can have a terrible impact on individuals, families and communities, more so when children are involved. Educating children about the importance of staying safe while on the road and being more aware is a step in the right direction when it comes to improving road safety as a whole.”

Statistics released by Brake in 2013 looking at the number of fixed penalty notices for careless driving and speeding offences for each postcode area in Huddersfield suggest that the HD2 area is the worst for careless driving offences. The area covering Birkby, Brackenhall, Bradley, Deighton, Fixby, Sheepridge and Kirklees accounted for 23% of the total offences in Huddersfield.

The HD8 postcode, which covers Clayton West, Denby Dale, Fenay Bridge, Kirkburton, Lepton, Scissett, Shelley, Shepley and Skelmanthorpe, has the most amount of speeding convictions in the Huddersfield postcode area, accounting for 18% of the total offences.

Helen says: “The actions of these inconsiderate and impatient drivers are putting children’s lives at risk, preventing them from playing outside and making their way to and from school safely. By teaching children to take the road seriously and helping them understand what could save their life, including double-checking when looking left and right and not allowing distractions such as listening to music or texting, the chance of an accident happening will be reduced.”

Contact Grieves Solicitors

If you think that you have a valid pedestrian injury claim following an accident that was not your fault, get in touch with the road traffic accident lawyers at Grieves Solicitors.

Simply call Freephone 0800 0747 644 or complete our contact form and arrange for your free legal consultation with a 'no win, no fee' solicitor.

With over 20 years of experience, Grieves Solicitors are a leading practise of Road Accident Claim Solicitors in Huddersfield.  We can help you navigate the complex process of claiming compensation, while providing friendly and professional advice.

Our Pedestrian Accident Solicitors regularly act for clients across Yorkshire and the North West including Huddersfield, Halifax, Bradford, Dewsbury, Wakefield, Brighouse and Rochdale.

We can support your needs wherever you live in Wales, England & Northern Ireland. We serve clients across the UK.