Enquire for Free, No Obligation

0800 0747 644

Start Your Claim

Farm Accident Claims

Every workplace has its own set of risks and potential hazards but employees working on farms and other agriculture environments are often exposed to more risks than most. Farming involves:

  • working with potentially dangerous machinery, livestock and chemicals
  • regular exposure to bad weather, loud noises and dust
  • physically demanding and often repetitive work leading to a range of physical health problems, particularly severe back pain
  • often working at height or near pits, with the potential of injury from falling

The Health and Safety Executive reports that every year 15,000 workers, in the agriculture, forestry and fishing sector in Great Britain, suffer from work-related illnesses, while 13,000 workers suffer non-fatal injuries.

If you have been injured while working on a farm or other agricultural setting and your employer was negligent, you could be entitled to compensation.

Injured working on a Farm - do you have a claim?

Although farms and other agricultural environments have a high number of potential hazards, your employer still has a duty of care to ensure a safe working environment for you and your colleagues. This means regularly servicing machinery, training staff and having an adequate health and safety regime in place.

If you think that your injuries could be down to failings on the part of your employer, we can help you get the compensation you deserve. Just get in touch with Grieves Solicitors today on Freephone 0800 182 2169 or fill in our online form. As specialists in personal injury claims, we can review your case and provide you with a free, no-obligation assessment of your situation.

Due to the varied nature of work on farms and other agricultural environments, the types of claims made as a result of accidents in these settings vary greatly. However, there are a number of common situations or accidents which lead to personal injury claims. Please follow the links below to find out more:

Sadly, in some situations, accidents can result in fatalities. If a loved one has died as a result of an accident on a farm or other agricultural environment, you may be able to make a claim on their behalf. If this is the case, please contact us so we can talk you through your options.

Will making a claim affect my job?

We understand there are sometimes concerns about making a claim against an employer. Often people are worried about the impact this will have on their job or their relationships at work. Legally, you cannot be dismissed for bringing a claim against your employer. Any employee has the right to claim compensation if their employer doesn’t fulfill their duty to provide a safe work environment.

If you are concerned about the cost of the claim for your employer, it may help to know that UK employers are legally required to take out employers’ liability insurance, which should cover them for work accident claims.

How long do I have to claim?

Generally, in the UK, you must start a personal injury claim within 3 years from the date of the accident. There are a number of exceptions to this general rule, therefore if you wish to make a claim as a result of an accident, you should speak to one of our personal injury specialists right away to discuss any exceptions which may apply to your situation.

What can I claim for?

Every case is different but, generally, the more serious your injuries and the more impact your injuries have on your everyday life, the more compensation you could be entitled to.

Personal injury claims usually involve claiming for two types of compensation:

General damages – Compensation for the pain, suffering and loss of amenity you have suffered as a result of your accident related injuries. This is basically compensation for the impact of the accident on your physical and psychological health, as well as the impact on your everyday life. The sum to be paid will be decided by the court.

Special damages – Compensation for financial losses related to your accident. Examples include:

  • loss of earnings and pension as a result of a serious injury
  • travel to medical appointments
  • equipment and alterations to vehicles and housing as a result of your injuries
  • the purchase of prosthetic limbs
  • ongoing nursing and care
  • private health care and surgery
  • domestic services, including DIY, window cleaning, decoration and maintenance.

While this may seem a lot to consider at Grieves Solicitors we have the skills and experience to support you every step of the way and help you get the maximum compensation possible. To find out how much you could be eligible to claim, use our compensation calculator.

How do I make a claim?

To get the appropriate compensation for your case, it is important to seek legal help from specialists. Thankfully Grieves Solicitors has an experienced team ready to help you with your case. All you need to do is contact us today on Freephone 0800 182 2169 or fill in our online formand one of our expert team will get back to you as soon as possible.

We will provide a free no obligation assessment of your case. After that it is up to you whether you wish to proceed.

Why Grieves Solicitors?

Personal injury claims can be complicated, so it is important to obtain specialist advice. At Grieves Solicitors we pride ourselves on being experts in the personal injury claims field, and we have over 20 years of experience helping clients win the financial compensation they deserve.

Based in Huddersfield we serve clients across the UK and we take all cases on a 'no win, no fee basis'. This means you will keep 100% of the damages awarded for your injury.

If you are looking for simple easy to understand expert legal advice contact Grieves Solicitors today on Freephone 0800 0747 644 or complete an online form and we will get in touch.