Start Your Claim
Motorway Accident Claims
If you, or a member of your family, have been injured in a motorway accident caused by the negligence of another driver, you may be able to make a claim for compensation.Based in Huddersfield, Grieves Solicitors regularly helps the victims of motorway accidents claim for injuries, damage to their vehicle and bills incurred during a period spent out of work. For easy to understand legal advice and a free, no obligation consultation with an experienced 'no win, no fee' solicitor, contact Grieves Solicitors on 0800 0747 644 or send us an e-mail and we will discuss your road traffic accident further.
Common Causes of Motorway Accidents
Motorway accidents are often caused by the unsafe driving of one individual, yet typically involve multiple cars, drivers and passengers.Motorway accidents can happen for a huge variety of reasons; common causes include:
- Driving too close to the car in front
- Hogging the middle lane
- Driving at an inappropriate speed
- Getting stuck behind a large vehicle
- Wet or icy road surface
If you were not responsible for the accident and have sustained an injury or damage to your vehicle, you may be able to make a claim for compensation.
Advice from the police
The police in the UK have made a series of recommendations designed to ensure you stay safe on the motorway:
- Drivers must leave a larger gap than normal between their car and the car in front, to account for the increased stopping distance.
- Remember to stay in the left-hand lane at all times, except when overtaking.
- Large vehicles make it difficult to see the road ahead; if you get stuck behind a large vehicle make sure you drop back to increase visibility and overtake as soon as possible.
- Pay attention to the road surface; if it is wet, remember to adjust your speed accordingly to allow for greater stopping distances.
If the driver responsible for your accident was not following the above advice, they may have been driving dangerously and you should get in touch as soon as possible to discuss your options.
Contact Grieves Solicitors
We accept all motorway accident claims on a 'no win, no fee' basis. If you have been victim to a motorway accident that was not your fault, contact the motorway accident specialists today.Contact us on 0800 0747 644 or email us for a free, no obligation consultation with a friendly and experienced solicitor.