Pavement Accident Claims & Pavement Injury Claims
Have you suffered a pavement accident due to the negligence of another individual? Perhaps you tripped on paving that had become raised or cracked as a result of inadequate maintenance? If so, contact the personal injury specialists at Grieves Solicitors to make a claim for compensation.
Who is at fault for my injury?
In order to make a pavement accident claim following a trip, slip or fall, you will be required to identify the individual or public body at fault. Local councils have a responsibility to maintain the pavements and other public rights of way within their jurisdiction. If your injury was caused by any of the following, it is highly likely that the council responsible for the area in which the accident occurred was at fault:
- Raised or cracked pavement
- Poorly laid paving slabs
- Tree roots
- Broken road signs
- Poorly aligned or raised kerbs
Even if you are concerned that the accident was partly your fault, you may still be able to make a claim, as it is the council's responsibility to ensure pavements are kept in a good state of repair.
Ensuring your claim is successful
If you have been injured due to a local council's negligence, you are entitled to claim financial compensation. In order to ensure your case has the best possible chance, try to collect as much of the following information:
- Photographic evidence of the hazard that caused your pavement trip, ideally with a ruler or tape measure in shot demonstrating the height of the raised paving, kerb or the depth of a pothole. If you don't have a ruler or tape measure, use an object to show the scale, such as a coin.
- Photographs should also show the hazard from all directions, and in relation to a landmark such as an easily recognisable building, demonstrating the location of the hazard.
- Contact information for any witnesses to the pavement accident
If you were unable to collect any of the above information, it is still worth contacting an experienced pavement accident solicitor to discuss a potential claim.
Contact Grieves Solicitors
For more information on pavement accidents, contact the team of expert 'no win, no fee' lawyers at Grieves Solicitors on 0800 0747 644 or get in touch via our contact form and we will get back to you.