Internal Organs Injury Compensation Calculator:
What are Internal Organ Injuries?
Internal organ injuries can be permanent and have a serious impact on the victim. This can include loss of the potential for parenthood, reduced life expectancy and can cause the need for organ transplants and lifelong medical care.
More often than not, internal organ damage can be caused by the negligence of another. The physical, emotional, and financial stress that tragic injuries may cause often puts stress on family members and those close to the victim.
How can injuries to internal organs occur?
- Blunt trauma - This occurs during a collision with another object, typically at high speed. Examples of blunt trauma include Car accidents, falls and physical assaults.
- Penetrating trauma - This is caused by an external object piercing the organ. Examples of penetrating trauma include gunshot wounds, knife wounds and surgical instrument wounds.
What are the causes of Internal Organ Injuries?
The common causes of Internal Organ injury include:
Road Traffic Accident:The most common cause of internal organ damage is during a road traffic collision. This is because the impact and the force of being strongly pushed into other parts of the car or by the car, can cause multiple injuries to the internal organs.
- Getting a puncture wound from sharp materials such as glass or metal.
- A blunt trauma from a seat belt or steering wheel on impact.
- Being crushed by a car or motorbike and knocked over.
Assault: Another common cause of internal organ damage is assault. Assault can cause both types of abdominal injuries. Blunt trauma injury is caused by impact or excessive force applied. Penetrating abdominal injury means the abdomen is penetrated by some object or force, such as a knife.
Slip-and-fall accidents: Falls can cause injury to internal organs, a fall from a height can particularly dangerous due to the impact inflicted and falling on a prominent edge or sharp object can also lead to damage to the organs.
Workplace Accidents/ Construction accidents: Construction site hazards are prominent and can include falls, explosions, being hit by falling objects or by vehicles.
Product liability: A faulty car or piece of equipment, unsafe drug and other unsafe products may cause serious harm to consumers leading to internal organ injuries.
Surgical negligence: Surgical negligence can be extremely worrying as a puncture, an incorrect incision or a tear made during surgery could cause internal damage to the organs.Doctors may fail to correctly treat or diagnose an existing organ injury or even leave a surgical tool inside the patient or make a mistake that leads to post-surgical infection.
Recognising the type of Internal Organ injury you have sustained and in what way it has affected your ability to perform your daily activities or to earn a living can be significant to the accomplishment of your claim.
Physiology of Internal Organ Injury:
The most common types of internal organ damage include the following:
Abdominal aorta rupture: This can befall from the body hitting hard off of an object as well as being pinned up against an object.
Ruptured spleen: A spleen is an abdominal organ required in the production and removal of blood cells in most vertebrates and forming part of the immune system therefore a ruptured spleen can be a very severe injury and urgent removal of the spleen is often required for a successful recovery.
Broken Ribs: A fractured/ broken rib may cause an organ to be punctured (Broken ribs commonly cause lungs to puncture).
Liver Damage: Blunt trauma to the abdomen can cause liver damage. Symptoms that one has suffered liver damage include significant blood loss, swollen abdomen and a weak pulse.
Kidney Damage: The most common indicator of kidney damage is evidence of blood in the urine. Kidney damage can arise as a result of blunt trauma to the abdomen.
Internal Bleeding: Symptoms of internal bleeding include abdominal pain, fatigue, light-headedness, and thirst.
Bowel Damage: Bowel damage can occur when the victim has experienced trauma to the abdomen, Symptoms of bowel damage include abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, and muscle tenderness.
How much could you claim for an Internal Organ Injury?
Compensation can be claimed if the internal organ injury was caused by an accident that was somebody else's fault. Money rewarded in a claim can be used to cover medical costs, loss of earnings and rehabilitation as well as for the pain and suffering of the victim.
Claims for compensation are judged on the organ injured and severity of that injury.
- Damage or disease requiring transplant and continued care: £100,000
- Serious heart damage with reduced life expectancy depending on age of victim: £50,000 to £75,000
- Loss of one lung depending on age of victim and health of remaining lung: £50,000 to £75,000
- Lung cancer or other terminal disease such as asbestosis: £50,000 to £75,000
- Permanent significant damage to both lungs and/or permanent significant breathing problems: £30,000
- Permanent but minor lung damage and/or breathing problems: £15,000 to £20,000
- Temporary lung damage and/or breathing problems: £2,000 to £10,000
- Loss of or loss of functional use of both kidneys: £100,000
- Loss of or loss of functional use of one kidney: £25,000
- Total loss of or loss of use of bowels: £100,000
- Partial and permanent loss of or loss of use of bowels: £50,000
- Permanent disabling stomach pain following a severe incident: £35,000
- Permanent serious stomach problems e.g. irritable bowel syndrome: £15,000
- Temporary loss of use of full bowel function: £5,000 to £15,000
- Total loss or total loss of functional use of bladder: £75,000
- Permanent and serious bladder problems: £40,000
- Temporary but serious bladder problems: £5,000 to £15,000
- Loss of, or loss of function of, sexual organs depending on the age of victim, ongoing symptoms, scars and the likelihood of the loss of parenthood or having further children: £15,000 to £125,000
- Leading to permanent disability: £17,500
- Leading to permanent ongoing symptoms: £10,000
- Recovery with no ongoing symptoms: £5,000
If you, a family member or friend have suffered an internal organ injury and are seeking legal advice, our team of personal injury specialists is on hand to deal with your claim in a sympathetic and professional manner. Call us on 0800 0747 644 or fill in a claim form.
Claims for compensation are judged on the organ injured and severity of that injury.
The injury claims calculator is intended as a guide only.
The total compensation you receive may be more as the Grieves Solicitors compensation calculator covers general damages, aspects of special damages in regards to your case have yet still to be considered. Each case differs considerably and is dependent on your circumstances and the effects of your injury. Hence it is key for you to contact Grieves Solicitors for a full consultation on what you could expect to receive.
How to make a successful Internal Organ damage Claim:
Before your personal injury claim can begin it is important you are equipped with the correct and vital knowledge of the circumstances regarding your case, the law and what you can or may expect to happen during your claims process, it is important that you are aware of the key facts of your case and providing all necessary information to your solicitor will enable you the best possible outcome. You can contact Grieves Solicitors and speak to one of our personal injury specialists, who will help guide you through the process and strength of your injury compensation claim and offer advice on the most appropriate course of action for you to take. Grieves Solicitors will guide you through every stage of the legal procedure and will keep you informed on the progress of your claim throughout. Along with Internal Organ injury compensation claims, Grieves Solicitors also handle personal injury compensation claims for injuries to other areas of the body.
How to get in touch:
We understand that you might feel making a claim may be daunting, however we are happy to talk over any queries or concerns that you may have to allow any fears you may have about bringing a compensation claim.
If you have suffered an injury or damage to any internal organs and require legal advice regarding a claim, you can get in touch with one of our personal injury solicitors. If you are not able to pop in for a chat then you can call us for free on 0800 0747 644 or fill in our claim form and a member of our team will get back to you.
Why you should choose us:
Our annual client questionnaires has revealed that over 98% of our clients have rated our service as excellent or good, as well as 98% whom stated they would use us again or would recommend us to family or friends. Our solicitors specialise in dealing with major cases such and have helped clients receive up to millions of pounds in compensation, their expertise in this field will enable you to get the best possible experience and outcome possible. Other than dealing with cases regarding internal organs, Grieves Solicitors also handle personal injury compensation claims for injuries to other areas of the body.
Grieves Solicitors was proudly established in 1997 by Helen Grieves, all members of our team boast many years of specialist experience and training in dealing with personal injury claims, as well as the level of success and commendations we receive, Grieves solicitors will guide you through the claims process at your convenience and allow you the best possible outcome.