From the time we had the accident, we were recommended Grieves Solicitors by one of my family members, we both felt that each time we contacted the office by telephone we were greeted by a very friendly and helpful receptionist.
We received calls back as promised and on time from Mr Appleton. He kept us informed and updated on each and every step therefore we knew the progress of our case, whihch was done by teklephone calls but mainly letters.
We are a this moment in time extremely happy with the outcome of our case. To describe the quality, professionalism and efficiency of the service it is out of this world. A high quality service as well as being so respectuf.
Grieves Solicitors will be recommended to all my friends and family if ever they require your serivces. Mr M S A, 8 June 2012.
Excellent Service and a pleasure to speak to. Thank you very much. Mrs H, 12 September 2012.
" Thank you for your hard work and persistence in sorting this compensation award out for me. Apart from the fact that I feel it was justified, the money came when my life including finances was at a very low ebb and so the money will help greatly."
Work Accident Claims
Have you been injured in a work accident that was not your fault? If so, you may be able to make a claim for financial compensation, helping you pay for ongoing medical care and any bills incurred during a period spent out of work.
Based in Huddersfield, Grieves Solicitors specialise in claiming compensation for the victims of accidents at work. We take all claims on a 'no win, no fee basis', meaning you will keep 100% of the compensation awarded for your injury at work.
For simple, easy to understand legal advice regarding a work accident compensation claim, contact Grieves Solicitors today on Freephone 0800 0747 644 or complete an online claim form and we will get in touch.
Can I Make a Claim for My Injury at Work?
Regardless of whether they are an employer, colleague or supervisor, if another person was responsible for your accident it is highly likely you will be eligible to claim compensation.
Grieves specialist solicitors will be happy to discuss your case during an initial consultation, and provide you with a full and frank assessment of the potential of your claim.
Common Work Place Accidents
Injuries at work can result from many things including:
- Lifting or Manual Handling
- Faulty work equipment
- Defective Work Premises
- Insufficient Training
- Lack of Safety Equipment or Clothing
- Careless Acts by other workers
- Falls from ladders
- Falls from vehicles
- Being hit by a moving, flying or falling object
- Slipping, Tripping or Falling
- Operating an unsafe system of work
- Exposure to harmful and dangerous substances
Injuries at work can be caused by:
- Your employer
- A work colleague
- Another company working at your place of work
What should you do following an accident at work?
- Report the accident to your employer and get it accurately recorded in the accident book. Your employer is required by law to make such a record and you may need to use this record as evidence in support of your claim.
- Take photographs of any visible injuries
- Take photographs of the accident scene and the defect which caused your accident (e.g. oil/water on the floor)
- Take contact details of any witnesses to the accident
- Keep any receipts for expenses that you have incurred as a result of the accident (e.g. bus tickets, taxi receipts for essential journeys or receipts for prescriptions) or items that may have been damaged in the accident (e.g. clothing or jewellery)
If you have suffered an injury at work, whether it fits into one of the above categories or not, get in touch with a solicitor as soon as possible to discuss a potential compensation claim.
Contact Grieves Solicitors
Contact our team and start your 'no win, no fee' claim today.
We will provide a no obligation assessment of your claim, and a fast, efficient and friendly legal service, helping you claim the compensation you deserve. Call Freephone 0800 0747 644 or complete an online claim form and we will get in touch.
A claim for compensation was made on behalf of Mrs L when she suffered injuries when slipping on ice on ...
Mr M claimed compensation when he had an accident at work. Mr M was unloading bales of chopped wood and ...
Mrs M claimed compensation when she had an accident at work.
She was coming out of a building where she works ...
Mrs W, received £17,500 after she suffered a fractured right wrist after slipping on the floor at work.
Mrs W worked ...
Mr H suffered an injury at work when he was pulling a pallet truck which had five pallets from his ...
Mr O claimed compensation when he had an accident at work. Mr O was carrying tins of paint from one ...
Mr D received £4,400 in compensation after sustaining an injury to his ankle.
Mr D was carrying a slate top ...