Start Your Claim
Work Accident Claims
Have you been injured in a work accident that was not your fault? If so, you may be able to make a claim for financial compensation, helping you pay for ongoing medical care and any bills incurred during a period spent out of work.
Based in Huddersfield, Grieves Solicitors specialise in claiming compensation for the victims of accidents at work. We take all claims on a 'no win, no fee basis', meaning you will keep 100% of the compensation awarded for your injury at work.
For simple, easy to understand legal advice regarding a work accident compensation claim, contact Grieves Solicitors today on Freephone 0800 0747 644 or complete an online claim form and we will get in touch.
Can I Make a Claim for My Injury at Work?
Regardless of whether they are an employer, colleague or supervisor, if another person was responsible for your accident it is highly likely you will be eligible to claim compensation.
Grieves specialist solicitors will be happy to discuss your case during an initial consultation, and provide you with a full and frank assessment of the potential of your claim.
Common Work Place Accidents
Injuries at work can result from many things including:
- Back injuries;
- Building site accidents;
- Crane accidents;
- Dangerous practice and procedures;
- Employer liability;
- Injury on dangerous premises;
- Falling objects;
- Farm accidents;
- Forklift truck accidents;
- Inadequate training;
- Lack of personal protection equipment;
- Ladder accidents;
- Machinery accidents;
- Manual handling accidents;
- Office accidents;
- Scaffolding accidents;
- Slip, trips and falls;
- Work vehicle accidents;
Injuries at work can be caused by:
- Your employer
- A work colleague
- Another company working at your place of work
What should you do following an accident at work?
- Report the accident to; your employer and get it accurately recorded in the accident book. Your employer is required by law to make such a record and you may need to use this record as evidence in support of your claim.
- Take photographs of any visible injuries
- Take photographs; of the accident scene and the defect which caused your accident (e.g. oil/water on the floor)
- Take contact details of any witnesses to the accident
- Keep any receipts for expenses that you have incurred as a result of the accident (e.g. bus tickets, taxi receipts for essential journeys or receipts for prescriptions) or items that may have been damaged in the accident (e.g. clothing or jewelry)
If you have suffered an injury at work, whether it fits into one of the above categories or not, get in touch with a solicitor as soon as possible to discuss a potential compensation claim.
Contact Grieves Solicitors
Contact our team and start your 'no win, no fee' claim today.
We will provide a no-obligation assessment of your claim, and a fast, efficient and friendly legal service, helping you claim the compensation you deserve. Call Freephone 0800 0747 644 or complete an online claim form and we will get in touch.